Join us every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, December 1st - 8th. We'll meet online at 6am or 8am Pacific Time for a 30-minute strength and balance workout.
-Dimity Davis McDowell, author of Another Mother Runner
Hello, I am your coach, Carol Frazey. I want to help you run the first and/or best race of your life and have fun doing it,
I am the president and founder of Fit School where we empower individuals through movement. I know. I know. You already are an empowered person, but a little more boost, information, hand-holding, and behind-kicking never hurt anyone.
Because I said so, AND because I've helped thousands of individuals add a consistent, soul-nourishing movement practice to their daily routines, and trained hundreds of people to run their first and or best race of their lives.
I want you to develop a movement practice that is right for you. It doesn't need to be hard. If you are going to do something in life, I want you to find the fun in the journey. I can help you find that fun.
" As Carol’s kids grew older, she started running regularly with a group of local women. “One day we were running, having a deep discussion, and I realized how easy it was to talk about things,” Carol recalls. “Sometimes it’s easier to talk when you’re not looking face to face, but doing something focused, like running on a trail.” As Carol turned to her running friends and said, “More women need this!” she realized what her next mission would be."
-Excerpt from Fit School’s Carol Frazey Is on a Mission of Empowerment
By Lauren Fritzen
Fit School was born!
Having been a runner for 40 years, I’ve had the experience of being a runner at every level. I learned running basics as a 13-year-old cross country and track runner. I was fortunate enough to run track and cross country competitively at Penn State University. I was also fortunate enough to start running again VERY slowly after gaining 42 pounds when I was pregnant with my first child and then 64 pounds with my second! As one wise woman commented, “You know, babies only weigh about 7 to 9 pounds when they are born!” It took me about 2 years after the birth of each of my children to get back to my “fighting weight,” but it was worth the effort.
PR Running Times
• 1600 Meters 5:09 1986 Pennsylvania State Track & Field Championships
• 2-Mile 10:59 1991 Nittany Lion Classic
• 3K 10:07 1991 Princeton University Invitational
• 5K 17:42 1991 Dogwood Relays, TN
• 10K 36:33 1991 Penn Relays, PA
• 50K 5:33:44 2004 Chuckanut Mountain 50K Trail Race
• Evergreen High Country Half Ironman Triathlon 1993, Evergreen, CO 3rd in age group
• Longmont Sprint Duathlon 1994, Longmont, CO 1st in age group
• Boulder Peak Olympic Distance Triathlon 1996, Boulder, CO 3rd in age group
• Fort Collins Sprint Duathlon 1995 and 1996, Fort Collins, CO 1st overall
Coach Carol’s Masters (over 40 years old) PR Running Times
• Half Marathon 1:35:30 2011 Honeywagon Half, Everson, WA
• 5K 19:48 Haggen to Haggen, Bellingham, WA
• 1:36:44 2012 Bellingham Bay Half Marathon, Bellingham, WA
• Cutthroat Classic 11.1 mile Trail Mountain Run, Winthrop, WA 2009, 2010, and 2011 1:39 – 1:41 2nd and 3rd in age group
• Lake Padden Trail Half Marathon 2012, Bellingham, WA 1:50:52 1st Masters (7th overall female)
• Marathon 3:28:22 2015 Light at the End of the Tunnel, North Bend, WA (Boston Qualifier)
• Iceland Hengill Midnight Ultra 53K 2022 8:55
Carol’s Coaching Experience
• Fit School Coach: Guided thousands of women to a consistent walking or running program
• State University of NY at Plattsburgh Assistant Cross Country Coach: 13th in 1998 Division III Nationals
• University of Colorado Volunteer Cross Country Coach: 2nd in 1994 Division I Nationals
My supporters mean the world to me. Do you have questions or comments about my training? Send me a message, and I will get back to you soon.
*Classes from Carol Frazey, Fit School, Carol Frazey, LLC should not be used to alter medically prescribed regimen or as a form of self-treatment. Consult a licensed physician before beginning this or any other exercise program.