We’ve been having a heck of a time these past couple of years, haven’t we?
· You’ve been stuck at home?
· You’ve had losses or life pivots due to the pandemic?
· You’ve gained weight?
· You’ve been a couch potato?
· You crave adventure?
· You’re ready for a RESET on life?
· You’ve always wanted to run a half marathon or full marathon (or a race of ANY LENGTH)?
Join running coach Carol Frazey and author and back-of-the-packer Cami Ostman for their 2022 Seize the Day Running Reset Adventure, and reset your energy, your fitness, and your life.
Here’s how it works:
· You choose a race of any length you’d like to do in June, July, or August (virtual races are welcome).
· Join us for weekly videos with training tips, dietary suggestions, and support and accountability.
· Watch the struggles and victories of training as Carol trains two runners (Cami Ostman and their publisher, Lisa Dailey of Sidekick Press) live. You’ll get advice and support right along with them.
· Receive a training plan for the race you’re training for (distance and length of time you have to train).
· Receive a copy of 26.2 Life Lessons: Helping You Keep Pace with the Marathon of Life. Cami and Carol’s book offers encouragement and coaching for your running.
· Receive a video where you learn the FOUR PILLARS of successful completion.
· Three LIVE group coaching calls where you can meet the others on the journey with you AND ask your questions.
-Dimity Davis McDowell, author of Another Mother Runner
Hello, I am your coach, Carol Frazey. I want to help you run the first and/or best race of your life and have fun doing it,
I am the president and founder of Fit School, Inc. where we empower women through running. I know. I know. You already are an empowered woman, but a little more boost, information, hand-holding, and behind-kicking never hurt anyone.
Because I said so, AND because I've helped thousands of women learn to run, add a consistent, soul-nourishing running practice to their daily routines, and trained them to run their first and or best race of their lives.
I want you to develop a running practice that is right for you. It doesn't need to be hard. You can walk whenever you feel like it. If you are going to do something in life, I want you to find the fun in the journey. I can help you find that fun.
" As Carol’s kids grew older, she started running regularly with a group of local women. “One day we were running, having a deep discussion, and I realized how easy it was to talk about things,” Carol recalls. “Sometimes it’s easier to talk when you’re not looking face to face, but doing something focused, like running on a trail.” As Carol turned to her running friends and said, “More women need this!” she realized what her next mission would be."
-Excerpt from Fit School’s Carol Frazey Is on a Mission of Empowerment
By Lauren Fritzen
Fit School was born!
Having been a runner for nearly 40 years, I’ve had the experience of being a runner at every level. I learned running basics as a 13-year-old cross country and track runner. I was fortunate enough to run track and cross country competitively at Penn State University. I was also fortunate enough to start running again VERY slowly after gaining 42 pounds when I was pregnant with my first child and then 64 pounds with my second! As one wise woman commented, “You know, babies only weigh about 7 to 9 pounds when they are born!” It took me about 2 years after the birth of each of my children to get back to my “fighting weight,” but it was worth the effort.
PR Running Times
• 1600 Meters 5:09 1986 Pennsylvania State Track & Field Championships
• 2-Mile 10:59 1991 Nittany Lion Classic
• 3K 10:07 1991 Princeton University Invitational
• 5K 17:42 1991 Dogwood Relays, TN
• 10K 36:33 1991 Penn Relays, PA
• 50K 5:33:44 2004 Chuckanut Mountain 50K Trail Race
• Evergreen High Country Half Ironman Triathlon 1993, Evergreen, CO 3rd in age group
• Longmont Sprint Duathlon 1994, Longmont, CO 1st in age group
• Boulder Peak Olympic Distance Triathlon 1996, Boulder, CO 3rd in age group
• Fort Collins Sprint Duathlon 1995 and 1996, Fort Collins, CO 1st overall
Coach Carol’s Masters (over 40 years old) PR Running Times
• Half Marathon 1:35:30 2011 Honeywagon Half, Everson, WA
• 5K 19:48 Haggen to Haggen, Bellingham, WA
• 1:36:44 2012 Bellingham Bay Half Marathon, Bellingham, WA
• Cutthroat Classic 11.1 mile Trail Mountain Run, Winthrop, WA 2009, 2010, and 2011 1:39 – 1:41 2nd and 3rd in age group
• Lake Padden Trail Half Marathon 2012, Bellingham, WA 1:50:52 1st Masters (7th overall female)
• Marathon 3:28:22 2015 Light at the End of the Tunnel, North Bend, WA (Boston Qualifier)
Carol’s Coaching Experience
• Fit School Coach: Guided thousands of women to a consistent walking or running program
• State University of NY at Plattsburgh Assistant Cross Country Coach: 13th in 1998 Division III Nationals
• University of Colorado Volunteer Cross Country Coach: 2nd in 1994 Division I Nationals
My supporters mean the world to me. Do you have questions or comments about my training? Send me a message, and I will get back to you soon.